About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Alphabet on what God is to His people - 1



 Almighty God – To Bless us – 

Genesis 17:1

When Abram was ninety-nine years old,  the Lord appeared to him  and said, “I am God Almighty;  walk before me faithfully and be blameless

Blessed God – To Cheer us –

1 Timothy 1:11

that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

Compassionate God – To Bear with us –his

Deuteronomy 32:9-13

 For the Lord’s portion  is his people, Jacob his allotted inheritance.  In a desert  land he found him, in a barren and howling waste. He shielded  him and cared for him; he guarded him as the apple of his eye, like an eagle that stirs up its nest and hovers over its young, that spreads its wings to catch them and carries them aloft. The Lord alone led  him; no foreign god was with him. He made him ride on the heights  of the land and fed him with the fruit of the fields  He nourished him with honey from the rock, and with oil  from the flinty crag, 

Defending God – To Protect us –

Exodus  15:2-3

​“The Lord is my strength  and my defence; he has become my salvation. He is my God,  and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt  him. The Lord is a warrior; the Lord is his name.

Eternal God – To Secure us –

Deuteronomy 33:27

The eternal  God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting  arms. He will drive out your enemies before you, saying, ‘Destroy them!’

Faithful God – To  Assure us –

Hebrew 11:11

And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age,  was enabled to bear children  because she considered him faithful  who had made the promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment