About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

The Book of Lamentations

Lamentations features six major themes, all linked with suffering:

1] Their  suffering was the result of their sin.

2] Their suffering was seen as coming from God rather than from man.

3] Their suffering could direct them toward God.

4] Suffering, tears, and prayer belong together.

5] Prayer should always look for some ray of hope.

6] Their responsibility was so to submit to the sufferings patiently.

Proverbs 12:19

Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment. —

"Tell the truth the first time, then you won't have to remember what you said." This truism by the famous Speaker of the House, Sam Rayburn, is good medicine for us today. Telling a lie seems gratifying at the time, but it nearly always catches up with us and gives us the added burden of trying to remember what we said and why. Truth endures; a lie is a momentary illusion that ends up a trap filled with burdens.

Thoughts 

- The victory lies not with us, but with Christ, who hast taken on him both to conquer for us and to conquer in us. - Richard Sibbes

- If a man wins God’s race, it doesn’t matter where else he loses.  If a man loses God’s race, it matters not where else he may win. - Steven Lawson

- O Christ, I see thy crown of thorns in every eye, thy bleeding, naked, wounded body in every soul; thy death liveth in every memory; thy crucified Person is embalmed in every affection; thy pierced feet are bathed in everyone’s tears; and it is my privilege to enter with thee into every soul. - Thomas Traherne

Prayer

. Holy and Righteous Father, your grace has not only saved me, but it sustains me even when Satan tries to use my own failures to make me doubt your love for me. Thank you for triumphing over my unworthiness and giving me righteousness so that I will be fit for your kingdom and glory. In Jesus' name I praise you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment