About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Examples of being Clean

Jehu –

2 Kings 10:16

Jehu said, “Come with me and see my zeal  for the Lord.” Then he had him ride along in his chariot.

2 Kings 10:31

Yet Jehu was not careful  to keep the law of the Lord, the God of Israel, with all his heart. He did not turn away from the sins  of Jeroboam, which he had caused Israel to commit.

The Pharisee -

Luke 18:11-14

The Pharisee stood by himself  and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector.   I fast  twice a week and give a tenth  of all I get.’

    “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast  and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

    “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Paul -

Acts 26:9

“I too was convinced  that I ought to do all that was possible to oppose  the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

Thoughts 

` We all want our children to be smart.  Unfortunately, people have largely forgotten that there is a huge difference between intelligence and wisdom.  Intelligence is a measurement of things you know.  Wisdom is your ability to discern right from wrong and make moral choices.  A wise person will follow God.  An intelligent person may or may not. - Sonya Haskins

` When you recognize God as Creator, you will admire him.  When you recognize his wisdom, you will learn from him.  When you discover his strength, you will rely on him.  But only when he saves you will you worship him. - Max Lucado

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment