About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, February 11, 2018

General Facts About Affliction - 3

. Only temporary –

Psalm 30:5

For his anger  lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping  may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

Psalm 103:9

He will not always accuse, nor will he harbour his anger forever;

. Hardens some –

Exodus 4:12

Now go;  I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.”

Nehemiah 9:28-29

But as soon as they were at rest, they again did what was evil in your sight.  Then you abandoned them to the hand of their enemies so that they ruled over them. And when they cried out to you again, you heard from heaven, and in your compassion  you delivered them  time after time.

    “You warned  them in order to turn them back to your law, but they became arrogant  and disobeyed your commands. They sinned against your ordinances, of which you said, ‘The person who obeys them will live by them.’  Stubbornly they turned their backs  on you, became stiff-necked  and refused to listen
. Bless self –
Psalm 119:71
It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees.
. Prayers in –
Genesis 32:11
Save me, I pray, from the hand of my brother Esau, for I am afraid  he will come and attack me,  and also the mothers with their children

2 Chronicles 33:12-13

In his distress he sought the favor of the Lord his God and humbled  himself greatly before the God of his ancestors.   And when he prayed to him, the Lord was moved by his entreaty and listened to his plea; so he brought him back to Jerusalem and to his kingdom. Then Manasseh knew that the Lord is God.

Psalm 6:1-4

Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath. Have mercy on me,  Lord, for I am faint; heal me,  Lord, for my bones are in agony. My soul is in deep anguish. How long,  Lord, how long? Turn,  Lord, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.

Acts 4:29-30

Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness.    Stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders  through the name of your holy servant Jesus.”

    After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken.  And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit  and spoke the word of God  boldly.

Read: Psalm 31:1-17, Psalm 38:1-10, Psalm 51:1-17, Isaiah 38:2-19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment