About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Examples of Hearing God’s Voice - 1

Adam –

Genesis 3:8-10

Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking  in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid  from the Lord God among the trees of the garden.   But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”

    He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid  because I was naked;  so I hid.”

Abraham –

Genesis 22:18

and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed,  because you have obeyed me.”

Genesis 26:5

because Abraham obeyed me  and did everything I required of him, keeping my commands, my decrees  and my instructions.

Moses –

Acts 7:31

When he saw this, he was amazed at the sight. As he went over to get a closer look, he heard the Lord say:

Israel –


Exodus 19:19

As the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder, Moses spoke and the voice  of God answered  him.

Deuteronomy 4:12

Then the Lord spoke  to you out of the fire. You heard the sound of words but saw no form;  there was only a voice.

Deuteronomy  5:23-28

When you heard the voice out of the darkness, while the mountain was ablaze with fire, all the leaders of your tribes and your elders  came to me.   And you said, “The Lord our God has shown us  his glory and his majesty,  and we have heard his voice from the fire. Today we have seen that a person can live even if God speaks with them.    But now, why should we die? This great fire will consume us, and we will die if we hear the voice of the Lord our God any longer.    For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived?    Go near and listen to all that the Lord our God says.  Then tell us whatever the Lord our God tells you. We will listen and obey.”

    The Lord heard you when you spoke to me, and the Lord said to me, “I have heard what this people said to you. Everything they said was good

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment