About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, February 11, 2018

General Facts About Affliction - 2

. Saints  appointed –

John 16:33

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart! I have overcome  the world.”

Acts 14:22

strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith.  “We must go through many hardships  to enter the kingdom of God,” they said.

1 Thessalonians 3:3

so that no one would be unsettled by these trials.  For you know quite well that we are destined for them.

1 Peter 5:9

Resist him,  standing firm in the faith,  because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

. Often severs –

Revelation 7:14


I answered, “Sir, you know.”

 And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes  and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

. Light, compared to future glory –

Acts 20:23-24

I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me  that prison and hardships are facing me.    However, I consider my life worth nothing to me;  my only aim is to finish the race  and complete the task  the Lord Jesus has given me —the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.

Romans 8:8

Those who are in the realm of the flesh  cannot please God.

2 Corinthians 4:17

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment