About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Causes of Affliction - 1

Sin –

Psalm 25:18

Look on my affliction  and my distress and take away all my sins.

Psalm 89:32

I will punish their sin with the rod, their iniquity with flogging;

Backsliding –

Psalm 119:67

Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word.

Misuse of tongue –
Proverbs 26:28
A lying tongue hates those it hurts, and a flattering mouth works ruin.
Resentment –
Read = Genesis 16:4-11
Pride –
Read = Job 33:14-29
Impenitence –

Proverbs 1:30-31

Since they would not accept my advice and spurned my rebuke, they will eat the fruit of their ways and be filled with the fruit of their schemes.

Revelation 2:21

I have given her time  to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling.

Born in it –

Job 5:6

For hardship does not spring from the soil, nor does trouble sprout from the ground.

Mistreatment of others –

Read = Genesis 27

Genesis 32:11

Save me, I pray, from the hand of my brother Esau, for I am afraid  he will come and attack me,  and also the mothers with their children.

Genesis 42:21

They said to one another, “Surely we are being punished because of our brother.  We saw how distressed he was when he pleaded with us for his life, but we would not listen; that’s why this distress  has come on us.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment