About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Prayer of love for God

Psalm 18:1

I will love You, O Lord, my strength.

Psalm 139:17-18

How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
 How great is the sum of them!
  If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
 When I awake, I am still with You.

'The Voice of the Shepherd' — John 10:3-4

Even today, sheep are separated from other flocks by the sound of their shepherd's voice. They follow their shepherd while sheep from other flocks follow their own shepherd even if the flocks are intermingled. Jesus wants us to know that as our Shepherd, he knows us intimately and will call us by name. We, in turn, need to learn to recognize his voice when he calls us. How do we learn to do that? By reading his words in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John in the Bible) and learning to recognize his ways and his will.

He will lead us where he wants us to go and bless us as we need to be blessed, but we need to be able to distinguish his voice from the many false religious voices that crowd into our world today. The only way to recognize Jesus' voice is to listen to and follow the words God has given us from Jesus in the Scriptures. Let's renew our passion to know the Jesus of the Gospels and follow his words!

Prayer 

. O Eternal Father, God of my ancestors' history and the assurance of my future, please help me be a person of integrity, especially when I deal with those who are not of my age group. May I be respectful and careful with my tone as I speak with those who are older. May I be pliable and open to change when confronted with my errors by those who are younger. Most of all, Father, please lead those people into my life who will love me enough to forgive my errors and also love me enough to point them out to me and to help me grow beyond them. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Thought 

"Christ is the Word of God. It is not in certain texts written in the New Testament, valuable as they are; it is not in certain words which Jesus spoke, vast as is their preciousness; it is in the Word, which Jesus is, that the great manifestation of God is made." - Phillips Brooks

[Message No: 6546]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment