About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Edwin Elisha James is an Evangelist whose commitment to preach wherever the Lord leads him has fructified in bringing hundreds of souls to the Lord - a dream and a desire that he has harboured for the longest time!

Monday, September 24, 2018

Redeemed us by His blood

Matthew 26:28

for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins

Colossians 1:14

in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Romans 3:21

But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it—

Romans 15:4

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. —

If the Bible is a love story, then its theme is hope. No matter how dire the circumstances, no matter how big the enemy, no matter how deep the sin, no matter how lost the people, no matter how empty the cupboard, no matter how wide the river, no matter ... God repeatedly gives his people reason to hope in a brighter tomorrow. Then God brought the assurance of that tomorrow in Jesus!

Eternal God, please give me patience and endurance as I search your Scriptures to know and understand your truth. I am amazed at the incredible things you did to redeem and bless your people in the Old Testament. I am absolutely astonished at what you were able to do with Jesus' rag-tag bunch of disciples. Please, O God, inspire my hope so that I will expect something great from your hand and then live to see you accomplish it in my day. May this, as well as all other things in my life, be to your honor and glory. In Jesus' mighty name I pray. Amen.

Thoughts 

+ Not I, but God in me. - Dag Hammarskjold

+ Your health can be taken and your money stolen–but your place at God’s table is permanent. - Max Lucado

+ Spiritual maturity begins when we realize that we are God’s guests in this world.  We are not householders, but pilgrims; not landlords, but tenants; not owners, but guests. - C. Willard Fetter

[Message No: 6541]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment